qci law logo.png

Call us - 704-500-2045


An experienced lawyer with a passion for employment-based immigration law and international business in emerging markets, as well as an extensive background in global risk mitigation; Sherrod knew as a child that his path in life would lead him to be active on a national and international level.

Sherrod brings this same cultured approach to Queen City Immigration Law which he also applies to his extreme love for all things Cleveland and MMA (Mixed Martial Arts).  Sherrod began his legal career at Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in Cleveland, Ohio. Since obtaining his Juris Doctor, Sherrod has become more intentional than ever to be an advocate for clients in need of international legal assistance.


P & O Visas for Entertainer, Artists, Music Groups, and more from all over Africa. 

Queen City Immigration  Law is a Charlotte, North Carolina-based full-service immigration law firm that focuses on the strategic needs of artists, actors, performers, and entertainment professionals all over the world. Our firm specializes in purposeful, intelligent and thorough representation in P and O visa categories for entertainment professionals. We also advocate for entertainment business professionals with employment and investment based visa solutions.


Entertainment Based Immigration Options

  1. O-1B classification for aliens of extraordinary ability in the arts;

  2. O-2 classification for personnel accompanying an O-1B alien;

  3. P-1B classification for internationally renowned performing groups and essential support personnel; and, for individual foreign artists performing as a member of a U.S.-based internationally renowned performing group;

  4. P-2 classification for reciprocal exchange program;

  5. P-3 classification for culturally unique performers or groups, teachers and coaches, and

  6. P support personnel


1. Visa support for single performances of both artists and groups

2. Visa support for tours of artists and athletes inside of the United States

3. Immigration Advisory services for theater shows, films, educational programs, award shows, and more.

4. Immigration Solutions for entertainment business professionals 

QCI Law - Press Kit - Entertainment Visa.png



Entertainment Groups seeking employment and/or training in the U.S. can obtain a Visa for up to 1 years through a P-1 Visa. This visa is not appropriate for individuals.  The P-1 visa process takes approximately 1 month or more to process but can be expedited for extra fees.  There are also visas available for the immediate family of the petitioners. 


Permits a artist or performer to come to the U.S. to take part in an established international cultural exchange program that provides practical training, employment, and sharing of the participants' native culture, history, and traditions with the people of the United States.


The P-3 Visa is appropriate for an entertainer that teaches a culturally unique skill, art, or sport. For example, if there is a specific form of dance such as Samba and the entertainer is also one of the premier teachers of the art-form in Brazil. The initial duration of stay is the time needed to complete the event, competition or performance, not to exceed 1 year. The beneficiary can apply for an extension of stay in increments of up to 1 year in order to continue or complete the event, activity or performance.


An O visa is a specialty visa reserved for individuals of extraordinary ability in the fields of science, education, business, arts, or athletics. This visa is issued for a period of up to three years and renewable. For an entertainment professional, there is a high standard to obtain this visa and requires sustained national or international acclaim such as awards from industry related specifically to the beneficiary's acumen. These visas require stringent documentation for supporting evidence that includes evidence of achievement in the industry, letters of support from industry experts, and support from media articles. 

The O Visa is extremely fact specific and a consultation is necessary before pursuing an application. 


L-1 category enables a U.S. employer to transfer an executive, manager or a professional employee with specialized knowledge relating to the organization’s interests from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States. This classification also enables a foreign company which does not yet have an affiliated U.S. office to send an executive or manager to the United States with the purpose of establishing one. The employee's spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 may to enter the United States under the L-2 category. Additionally, the L-2 spouse is eligible for employment authorization.

A manager or agent may open or use an existing U.S. subsidiary to transfer themselves to the U.S. entity as an employee. There is no cap on the number of visas issued in this category,  the beneficiary is free travel to and from the United States, and this visa a pathway to permanent residence. This visa is authorized for up to 3 years and renewable for up to 6 years. 


The H-1B visa is appropriate for employers seeking to employ foreign workers to perform services in a specialty occupation.


In order for a Foreign worker to be eligible for the H-1B program, the foreign worker must have one of the following achievements:

  • Employee  completed a US bachelor's or higher degree required by the specific specialty occupation from an accredited college or university.

  • Employee holds a foreign degree that is the equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's or higher degree in the specialty occupation.

  • Employee has an unrestricted state license, registration, or certification which authorizes you to fully practice the specialty occupation and be engaged in that specialty in the state of intended employment.

  • Employee has education, training, or experience in the specialty that is equivalent to the completion of such a degree, and have recognition of expertise in the specialty through progressively responsible positions directly related to the specialty.