Helping the World's Best Entertainment Industry Professionals Do Business in the United States 

P-1:GRoup of Professionals FOR employment AND TRAINING

Industry Professionals seeking employment and/or training in the US can obtain a Visa for up to 1 years through a P-1 Visa. This visa is not appropriate for individuals.  The P-1 visa process takes approximately 1 month or more to process but can be expedited for extra fees.  There are also visas available for the immediate family of the petitioners as well. 

P-2: Industry Professional, EXCHANGE PROGRAM

For individuals or groups of professionals seeking to come to the United States under a reciprocal exchange program between an organization in the United States and an organization in another country. Includes persons providing essential services in support of the above individual.


To perform, teach or coach under a program that is culturally unique or a traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical, or artistic performance or presentation. The visa includes persons providing essential services in support of the above individual.


This nonimmigrant classification is for nationals of select countries with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation to be admitted to the United States temporarily for the sole purpose of engaging in international trade in goods, services, international banking, insurance, transportation, tourism, and technology. Certain employees of E-1 Treaty Traders, as long as they have the same nationality as their employer, may also be eligible for this classification. This is an effective visa for combat sports professionals that regularly do business in the United States. 

Qualified Treaty Traders and employees are allowed a maximum initial stay of two years. Requests for extension of stay may be granted in increments of up to two years each. There is no maximum limit to the number of extensions an E-1 nonimmigrant may be granted. All E-1 nonimmigrants, however, must maintain an intention to depart the United States when their status expires or is terminated. An E-1 nonimmigrant who travels abroad may generally be granted an automatic two-year period of readmission when returning to the United States.

I-Visa: International Media VISA

A media industry professional may be eligible for the I, Representatives of Foreign Media, non-immigrant visa, if they:

  • Represent a foreign information media outlet (press, radio, film, or other foreign information media)
  • Are coming to the United States to engage solely in this profession; and
  • Have a home office in a foreign country

Occupations under this category include reporters, film crews, editors, and similar occupations. Any spouse and children under the age of 21 may accompany or follow to join an I non-immigrant.


B-1/B-2: Visitor Visa 

Professionals pursuing  or following up on business ventures may quality for a B-1/B-2 visitor visa.  If the professional is from a country in the visa waiver program, they might not even need to obtain the visa. The B-1/B-2 visa is very inexpensive and typically takes less than a month to obtain. This visa may be granted for up to 6 months and is appropriate for short term visits. If you require a more permanent solution, perhaps one of the other visa categories is more appropriate. 

O-1: Individual with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement

An O visa is a specialty visa reserved for individuals of extraordinary ability in the fields of science, education, business, arts, or athletics. This visa is issued for a period of up to three years and the visa is renewable. For an entertainment industry professional, there is an a high standard to obtain this visa and requires sustained national or international acclaim such as an internationally recognized award. These visas require stringent documentation for supporting evidence that includes evidence of achievement in industry, letters of support from industry experts, and support from media articles. 

The O Visa is extremely fact specific and a consultation is necessary before pursuing an application. 


L-1 category enables a U.S. employer to transfer an executive, manager or a professional employee with specialized knowledge relating to the organization’s interests from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States. This classification also enables a foreign company which does not yet have an affiliated U.S. office to send an executive or manager to the United States with the purpose of establishing one. The employee's spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 may to enter the United States under the L-2 category. Additionally, the L-2 spouse is eligible for employment authorization.

A manager or agent may open or use an existing U.S. subsidiary to transfer themselves to the U.S. entity as an employee. There is no cap on the number of visas issued in this category,  the beneficiary is free travel to and from the United States, and this visa a pathway to permanent residence. This visa is authorized for up to 3 years and renewable for up to 6 years. 


The H-1B visa is appropriate for employers seeking to employ foreign workers to perform services in a specialty occupation.


In order for a Foreign worker to be eligible for the H-1B program, the foreign worker must have one of the following achievements:

  • Employee  completed a US bachelor's or higher degree required by the specific specialty occupation from an accredited college or university.

  • Employee holds a foreign degree that is the equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's or higher degree in the specialty occupation.

  • Employee has an unrestricted state license, registration, or certification which authorizes you to fully practice the specialty occupation and be engaged in that specialty in the state of intended employment.

  • Employee has education, training, or experience in the specialty that is equivalent to the completion of such a degree, and have recognition of expertise in the specialty through progressively responsible positions directly related to the specialty.