On Wednesday, October 25, 2017, Queen City Immigration Law and BridgehouseLaw hosted a successful open house at their conference center located at Tryon Plaza to celebrate a new partnership between the firms. The open house was well attended by guest including representatives from the the following organizations:
· Energizing Africa through Partnerships Conference Attendees
· John S. Leary Bar Association
· Charlotte World Affairs Council’s Magellan Society
· F7 International South Africa Project Managers & Prospects
· Local Attorneys and Professional Service Providers
· Charlotte Supplier Diversity Leaders
· Charlotte Black Chamber of Commerce
· Businesses and Trade Leaders for Emerging Markets
· Charlotte Regional Partnership
· NFL Alumni Association - Charlotte Chapter
The evening served as a finale to the Energizing Africa through Partnerships Conference and the launch of the initiative to market business and investment based visas to business leaders in emerging markets.
Collectively, BridgehouseLaw and Queen City Immigration Law are interested in recruiting companies in emerging markets to the Charlotte area for the purpose of encouraging reverse foreign direct investment back to their respective countries. The goal is to assist the top businesses in several of Africa's most stable countries set up subsidiaries in Charlotte to do business with local partners. This will help them develop the acumen/capital/equipment necessary to make a difference with their parent companies back home. Meanwhile, the Charlotte companies will not have the expense or risk of doing business physically in these emerging markets.
Many African nations are not aware of the immigration incentives to investing in the United States, such as the L-1, E-1, and E-2 nonimmigrant visa categories. All of these tools are heavily used by European and Asian businesses and investors.
Queen City Immigration Law Partner, Sherrod Seward, prepared several articles on this issue and the opportunity it presents.
Articles are below:
We are actively seeking partners to help our firms have conversations with the decision makers and influencers in these markets. To find out more or to have a conversation about our emerging market initiatives do not hesitate to give us a call at 704-500-2075.