top of page

investment Based Immigration

Investment-Based Immigration

If you're an entrepreneur and want to work in the US, you might be interested in investment-based immigration. This type of immigration is available when a foreign national want to work in the United States through various means.


To do this, you'll need to obtain an investment-based visa or investment-based green card. But every visa is different, and, depending on what you're looking for, can actually be quite complicated to obtain. It's important to seek out a qualified investment immigration lawyer to successfully obtain your visa or green card. When you need help with investment-based immigration, make sure you're working with the best. Contact a Queen City Immigration Law office in Charlotte, NC or Cleveland, OH today for more information.

dot-shape (4).png

Investment Immigration Lawyer

We offer personalized service and guidance to anyone seeking help obtaining an investment-based green card or investment-based visa. One of our attorneys will connect with you personally to discuss your situation. They can clarify any questions and address any concerns you may have. With our skills and experience, you can rest assured that you're getting the service you need.

At Queen City Immigration Law, we take a specialized approach to investment-based immigration. We use technology to help streamline the application process. This means that obtaining your visa or green card can go much more smoothly. Additionally, we offer our services in a variety of languages, including English, Vietnamese, Polish and Spanish. We offer this because we believe it's important to work with clients in a language that they're comfortable with.

Finding a quality investment immigration lawyer isn't always easy. So, make sure you're working with one of the best. Call today to learn more about our services. Our attorneys are available to provide prompt responses to your questions.


Investment-based Green Card

The EB-5 visa is one of the most popular options to obtain a green card. This visa allows high net-worth individuals to become a permanent resident through an investment of capital into the US economy. However, there are also some specific requirements to obtaining one:

  • You must invest at least $1.8 million in the US economy ($900,000 is acceptable under certain circumstances).

  • The investment must be in a new business that hires at least 10 full-time employees.

Moving the money to the US is just the first step in the investment-based immigration process. After that, you must a petition form and submit it to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) along with the supporting evidence. If the petition is approved, you, your spouse, and any unmarried children under 21 can come with you to the United States for an initial two-year conditional period. After the first two years, you will have to submit another petition to USCIS to show that your business is profitable and has at least 10 employees. The process, however, is not as simple as it sounds. It's important to have an attorney to go over the required steps with you and make sure that everything is filled out correctly. If you need a skillful and knowledgeable immigration lawyer, then contact Queen City Immigration Law today.

Investment-based Visa

The EB-5 visa is not the only option when researching investment-based immigration. There are several other options for an investment-based visa. Some of these include:


  • E-1: A visa for 'treaty traders,' or people who are from a nation that has a treaty with the US and are engaged substantially engaged in trading goods or services between the two countries.

  • E-2: A nonimmigrant visa that allows investors from certain treaty countries to start a new company or acquire an existing business in the US and come here to direct or manage that business. The E-2 can last up to two years and renewed multiple times.

  • L-1: This visa allows multinational companies to relocate their employees from an overseas branch to a US office to perform work in a managerial or executive capacity.

dot-shape (4).png

What type of visa you should get depends on your circumstances. It's important to speak with an attorney in order to learn more about your options. So, when you need help with investment-based immigration, work with the lawyers who understand it the best. Contact us today to receive more information.

bottom of page